Data Backup, Business Continuity, and Disaster Recovery – BDR Solutions
“Don’t Underestimate the Importance of your Company’s Data its one of the Most Valuable Assets”
What It Does…
ProTech Data’s BDR (Network Attached Storage) BDR Appliance performs at the block level where the actual digital 1s and 0s are captured from the hard drive, essentially eliminating failures related to open files. Because block-level data is raw information that’s independent of file structure formatting, it’s the most efficient way to write to a disk.
How It Works…
With its fast virtualization capabilities, our BDR device can be configured to function as a replacement server if needed. This unique device also can replace management intensive, error-prone tape backups while providing much more…Starting with peace of mind and a good nights of sleep, knowing that your systems are fully backed up at all times.
Our BDR device is a comprehensive Backup and Disaster Recovery solution for Windows 2000 through Windows 2012 servers and reasonably priced, all-encompassing solution for small-to-midsize businesses.
Backup and Recovery…
- Backups as frequent as every 15 minutes with an Onsite BDR
- Ensure Business Continuity by Virtualizing Critical Systems with Backup Systems on and Off-site so you are Back up and Running in Minutes – NOT Hours or Days
- Optional Off-site Data Storage
- The ability to restore downed servers in less than 30 minutes!
- Advanced restoration options (file- and folder-levels) with Exchange message and mailbox recovery
- Bare-metal restorations to dissimilar hardware or to upgrade server hardware
- 24×7 monitoring of the backup process locally and offsite and alerts are automatically generated should an error occur
- Low cost
Benefits of BDR – Backup & Disaster Recovery Server / Appliance
Base Image – The first backup taken of a server is the base image, an exact copy of the currently used space on the server. The base image is taken for each volume (or partition) on the server. Once the base image is set all future backups are incremental’s.
Remote Storage and Base Remote Backup Image Creation – Your data is stored (in encrypted form) in two secure online data backup centers, located hundreds of miles apart from each other. The BASE IMAGE will be sent via a SATA II drive to the primary remote storage facility. There is generally a three-week turnaround time required for this base image transfer to occur. Incremental backups will occur in the meantime and they will collapse into the base image when the transfer is complete.
Incremental’s – Incremental’s take place at the frequency that you schedule. If you select 24/7 backups at 15 minute incremental’s 96 incremental files will be created each day. If you selected one-hour incremental’s, 24 incremental files will be created each day.
Incremental Forever Methodology -Incremental Forever Methodology differs from regular incremental’s in that only one full back up or base image is required. This greatly reduces the time it takes to perform subsequent backups as each incremental takes only seconds to complete.
Synthetic Incremental’s – Incremental files are collapsed into synthetic incremental’s (basically one larger incremental file). This is done to ensure chain integrity and to speed up restorations. The fewer hops from the current point-in-time back to the base image, the faster your restoration will be.
Recovery Options – Recovering files and folders is a simple process where the entire image is mounted as a volume on the BDR device. The encryption is needed. Files can then be copied to the destination server over the network. We also provide utilities enabling your engineers to restore files, folders, Exchange mailboxes or messages and SQL tables and databases.
Virtualization (Physical to Virtual) Standby Server Functionality – The BDR device can “virtualize” failed servers while keeping the system in the same state as it was before the problem arose. No configurations are necessary. Once virtualized, the BDR will resume the backup schedule that was in effect before the failure.
Bare Metal Restore (Virtual to Physical) – When it comes time to restore the virtualized server back to physical hardware, our bare metal restore process allows restorations to dissimilar hardware.
24×7 Monitoring – All BDR systems are monitored 24×7 by a Network Operations Center to ensure that your backups occur on time and without errors. Any problems are immediately identified and alerts generated.
On-site and Off-site Solution with Multiple Restore Points – Multiple BDR devices can be placed on a LAN. Each BDR device, depending on the model, can be configured to backup one single server or multiple servers.
ProTech Data Backup & Recovery Consulting Service BDR Appliance / Server Include:
- Managed Data Backup Solutions
- Critical file backup on-site and off-site data storage
- Automatic Data Backup
- Online Backup Solutions
- Backup and Disaster Recovery
- Data Backup Planning
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning
- Extended Archiving
- Configuration Management
- No Hardware to Purchase
- No Software Agents to Install or Manage
- Backup and restore for Windows, Linux, and Mac OSX Machines Concurrently
- Reverse Incremental Technology Enables Fastest Possible Restores
- Disaster Preparation and Recovery Planning
- 24/7 Monitoring & Management
- Complete Server Volume Image
- Disk to Disk Block Level Backups
- On-site and Off-site Solutions
- Business Impact Analysis
- VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager
- NetApp BDR Replications
- Image backup and Bare Metal Restore (BMR) of Laptops, Desktops, and Servers
- Backup and BDR of Virtual Servers (VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, and XenServer)
- Anti-corruption Technology to Ensure Health of Backups
- Customizable Scheduling and Retention Policies for Compliance and Archiving
- Microsoft application aware backups (Exchange, SQL, Active Directory, and SharePoint)
Please contact us or call (630) 430-8090 to speak to a representative about your business technology needs.